Tags

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

It’s time to reveal another creepy tree for the haunt! Woohoo! Just in case you missed it, here’s the first one. This one was kind of a different process. I used the corners from the first block of foam that I’d trimmed off to shape the original tree. I glued them together, then sculpted a bunch of skulls from some other waste pieces of foam from that first tree. Then I got messy. I adhered the skulls to the core with spray foam, and once that had dried, covered the whole thing with foam coat. Then I slapped a few layers of paint on that bad boy and now we’ve got ourselves another fun set dressing!

Because I love you dearly, I documented the process along the way:

skull-tree-6

On the right, you see just the foam core, skulls, and spray. On the left, you see the foam coat that’s applied on top.

skull-tree

First, I painted the whole thing dark brown.

skull-tree-2

Then I added lighter browns and greens on top to make it look more like bark and bring out the skulls.

skull-tree-4

Advertisements